Chef and I have lots to celebrate. Not only have we lost almost 10 pounds each, we found new and healthier versions for many things loved, feel energized, and have learned so much! Here’s a few notes to self:
1. Just about everything we love to eat has a healthier, more nutritional version and also tastes sooooooo good
2. It wasn’t what I’ve been eating that’s packed on the pounds as much as what I’ve been drinking… diet soda, flavored drinks, fancy cocktails, etc., that have tons of sugar in them.
3. We’re only beginning our wellness journey with food and we’re not willing to stop!
4. Trying to find alternative and healthy ways to cook our favorite meals is lots of fun and like a couples scavenger hunt.
5. Having each other for support has made the journey and the challenge fun and more successful.
6. Wellness is a lifestyle, not a diet or monthly challenge.
7. Weight comes off when your body is fueled well and sticks like glue when your body is clogged up with chemicals, sugar, and other empty nutrients.
8. We both agree our “why we do this” is for our grandchildren and a satisfying life in our golden years, which, by the way, are coming faster than we planned, LOL!
P.S. To celebrate our progress (certainly not perfection) and the 4th of July here in the States, we made this tasty, divine, adorable, fruit infused, spa water. Give it a try.
6 pieces large watermelon slices
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries, sliced
3 cups ice
Cut watermelon into star shapes using cookie cutter
Add blueberries and strawberries
Add ice to seep flavor from fruit
Top off with water
Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve